SIRLOIN STEAK WITH GARLIC BUTTER
This sirloin steak is seared to golden brown perfection, then topped with garlic and herb butter. A simple, yet totally satisfying way to enjoy steak that's easy enough for an everyday meal, yet elegant enough for company.
1 1/4 pounds sirloin steak I like top sirloin
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 tablespoons butter softened
1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs such as thyme, parsley, or chives, plus more for garnish
1. Pat each steak dry with a paper towel.
2. Heat a large cast-iron skillet or other heavy pans over medium-high heat.
3. Pour the olive oil into the pan.
4. Season the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper.
5. Place the steaks in a single layer in the pan.
6. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until browned. Use a thermometer to cook the steak to your desired level of doneness (ex. medium is 145 degrees F).
7. While the steak is cooking, place the butter in a bowl along with the garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
8. Let the steaks rest for at least 5 minutes off the heat.
9. Place a dollop of butter on top of each steak.
10. Slice the steak. Garnish with additional fresh herbs if desired, then serve.
Saturated Fat: 10g
Vitamin A: 350IU
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes